Security Officer - Armed
Preservation Management, Inc. | Lancaster, PA
Preservation Management, Inc. is seeking an experienced part-time On-Site Armed Security Officer for a multi-unit residential property, Garden Court Apartments in Lancaster, PA. On-site Security Officers provide ongoing security protective services for multi-unit residential properties. Security Officers protect the property, as well as employees, tenants, and visitors of the property. They keep the property free of crime and they provide a safe environment for residents.
Specific duties include:
- Providing safety for employees, residents, and visitors by maintaining order; enforce resident rules, and company policies; promote good community relations.
- Monitoring and authorizing entrance and departure of employees, residents, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises; warning persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict trespassers from premises.
- Monitoring and responding to security or life safety alarms, as required; investigating disturbances; responding to emergencies, protecting people and property; calling public safety agencies in cases of emergency (e.g., fires, medical emergencies, or crimes in progress).
- Patrolling the common areas of the residential property on foot or by motorized conveyance to prevent and detect signs of intrusion.
- Recording facts that document incidents and activities; photographing or drawing diagrams of crime or accident scenes and interviewing principals and eyewitnesses; writing incident reports about irregularities or unusual occurrences and duty logs of daily activities.
- Candidates should possess a two-year college degree with a major in criminal justice (or related field), or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum one year experience in private security or public law enforcement.
- Security personnel must meet the following criteria:
- If you are a Law Enforcement Officer or a Private Security Officer a photo copy of your Identification Card is needed upon receipt of a contingent job offer.
- Photo copy of your Current Firearms Permit is required (if you are not a Law Enforcement Officer or Private Security Officer)
- Photo Copy of your training certificate and/or training card to show the date or when your training on firearms was done and when it will expire.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a part-time, 20 hours per week, position with a competitive hourly wage.
- Paid time off
- 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Roth Retirement plan with company match
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.