As seen on JobsInVA.com
Regional Property Manager
Preservation Management, Inc. | Fredericksburg, VA
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI) is seeking an experienced Regional Property Manager for a portfolio of multi-unit affordable housing residential properties that will encompass properties in the Mid-Atlantic area (PA, MD, VA, NC). PMIs Regional Managers monitor the day-to-day operations of the properties in their portfolio and coordinate all on-site compliance activities.
Specific Duties Include:
- Monitor income and expenditures from property operations and submit regular reports to the Regional Vice President and/or to the owners.
- Assist the On-site Property Managers in preparation for all site REAC reviews, Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR), Investor Site Reviews, Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) reviews, and workplace safety inspections.
- Recruit, hire, train and mentor new On-site Property Managers assigned to the property; ensure that proper staffing levels are maintained for all properties; monitor employee turnover.
- Conduct quarterly visual inspections of the exterior and interior of buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment; determine whether repairs or maintenance are needed.
- Communicate property management teams’ successes and concerns to Regional Director and to owners.
- Candidates should possess at least a 2-year college degree in Business Management or a related field
- 3-5 years related affordable housing property management experience preferred
- Desirable applicants have completed industry course work in property management, tax credit, COS, or Rural Development training
- Knowledgeable on the compliance requirements for federal housing programs such as LIHTC and Section 8
- Current knowledge of all applicable local, state, federal and industry standards required of property management agents, including: All HUD, Rural Development, and IRS rules and regulations specific to their assigned property;
- The position requires experience with business computer systems and software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook and with on-line database systems such as Boston Post Property Manager.
- Able to travel between sites 3 to 4 days per week
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Roth Retirement plan with company match
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.