Property Maintenance Technician I
Preservation Management, Inc. | Lancaster, PA
Preservation Management, Inc. is seeking a Full-Time Maintenance Technician to help repair/maintain our residential units along with maintaining the grounds on the property. This position is for one of our multi-unit residential properties located at Garden Court Apartments in Lancaster, PA
- Inspect, maintain, repair, or replace life-safety and emergency equipment, including any item considered a life or safety hazard by REAC, LIHTC, local Codes Department, etc.
- Take turns being “on-call” as part of a 24-hour emergency maintenance call schedule at a site (or at multiple sites).
- To ensure that the property is safe and maintained properly, conduct routine visual inspections of the exterior and interior of buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment; determine whether repairs or maintenance are needed; follow-up with residents’ work orders, as directed by the Property Manager.
- Prepare interior and exterior surfaces for painting; use correct application techniques and tools; make sure all surfaces, equipment, and materials are clean when finished.
- Clean common areas frequently including: carpeting, painted surfaces, and stair areas; adhere to property owners’ and PMI standards for cleanliness.
- Conduct apartment inspections and coordinate the assignment of maintenance personnel to restore the unit to a “like new” condition.
- Keep the site grounds and landscaping neat and clean according to PMI and property owners’ standards; use all landscaping equipment safely; repair and replace concrete and asphalt walks and drives.
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma or GED
- 1 years related property maintenance experience preferred
- Physical –
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Shovel or lift continuously for up to 4 hours at a time
- Work in tight spaces
- Work standing for up to 4 hours at a time
- Safely climb ladders up to 26ft
- Neat, professional appearance; including work shoes or boots with non-slip soles and protective toes.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive hourly wage.
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Roth Retirement plan with company match
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.