Property Administrative Assistant
Preservation Management, Inc. | McKeesport, PA
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of others, look no further! Preservation Management, Inc. takes great pride in, not only making a difference at the communities we manage, but also in the greater community as well.
PMI is currently looking for a passionate individual to join our team in the McKeesport Pennsylvania area as our Property Administrative Assistant.
The Property Administrative Assistant helps the On-site Property Manager implement and coordinate all on-site administrative activities including: filing; documenting resident account receivables; submitting monthly requests for rental assistance; monitoring monthly vacancy reports; tracking money owed for rent and unit damages; processing special claims; and supporting the accuracy of information submitted to regulatory agencies, PMI executives, and property owners.
Specific Duties Include
- Monitor the operations of all computer and communications systems for the property management office; act as liaison with residents or visitors. coordinate informational notices from and to residents; purchase supplies and equipment for the office.
- Help administer the resident selection procedure; inform residents about the terms of rental agreements and termination-of-lease procedures; meet with prospective residents and provide them with information on unit availability; keep records of prospective residents on the “wait list.”
- Using the company on-line database, keep accurate records of income and expenditures from property operations; help the On-site Property Manager prepare regular financial reports for senior-level PMI managers or owners.
- Monitor resident “move-outs;” provide residents with instructions for moving out of their units; inform the On-site Property Manager of the move and schedule a pre-move inspection.
- Assist the On-site Property Manager in preparation for all site REAC reviews, Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR), Investor Site Reviews, and Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) reviews.
- Coordinate with maintenance personnel to record, distribute, and track maintenance work orders; maintain communication with contractors; coordinate resident services requests with the assigned Resident Services Coordinator.
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma or GED – Associates Degree in Business Administration preferred;
- 2 years related residential property management or business administration experience preferred.
- Desirable candidates will possess an introductory knowledge of some or all of the following initiatives:
- Federal housing programs such as Low Income Housing Tax Credits.
- Section 8 Project and Tenant Based programs.
- HUD and IRS rules of their assigned property.
- Relevant legislation such as Americans with Disabilities Act, The Federal Fair Housing Amendment Act, and local Fair Housing Laws.
- Experience in the use of business computer systems and software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook preferred;
- Experience with on-line database systems such as Boston Post Property Manager Desirable.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a part-time position with a competitive hourly wage.
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI), is an affordable housing property management firm headquartered in South Portland, Maine. Founded in 1990, PMI has grown to manage properties in 16 states, to include 90 properties, totaling over 9,000 units. PMI specializes in managing properties that utilize government subsidies and/or Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) to provide affordable housing to their residents. PMI prides itself in offering Resident Services Programs tailored to assist residents and their various needs at many of the communities they manage.