Correct Care Solutions | Camp Hill, PA
Our Physician Assistant provide a full range of medical services for inmates. Works under the supervision of the Site Medical Director and other site Physicians and in accordance with established policy and procedure as well as within the state guidelines. Provides required documentation of services to the Site Medical Director or designee in order to monitor provision of clinical services. Notifies the Medical Director and H.S.A. regarding changes in schedule coverage. Assists in arrangements for coverage of medical services if unavailable for an extended period of time.
Education for Physician Assistant:
- Bachelor’s degree from an AMA / AAPA approved Physician Assistant Program
Experience for Physician Assistant:
- Prior medical/surgical and/or emergency/trauma experience and corrections experience preferred
- Must have the patience and tact to deal with the inmate population and ability to work effectively in the corrections environment
- Scheduling flexibility is also required to be able to rotate hours and shifts, if needed, and to be called during emergency situations to provide coverage
Licenses/Certifications for Physician Assistant:
- Current licensure as a Physician Assistant within the state
- Current CPR Certification
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine referred patients.
- Conducts on-site chronic care clinics and sick call as established by Site Medical Director, Health Services Administrator or designee.
- Conducts infirmary rounds as established by Site Medical Director, Health Services Administrator or designee and records encounters in the patient's progress notes.
- Ensures progress note documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic order and is dated, timed and legible.
- Adheres to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens before using non-formulary procedure.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.