Maintenance Technician, Entry Level, Part Time
Preservation Management, Inc. | Scranton, PA
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of others, look no further! Preservation Management, Inc. takes great pride in, not only making a difference at the communities we manage, but also in the greater community as well.
PMI is currently looking for a passionate individual wanting to learn some new skills in the residential property management industry. This position is for our Delaware Towers property in Scranton Pennsylvania. This individual should have the basic knowledge of painting, dry wall repair, and changing light bulbs.
Other Specific Responsibilities that will be done:
- Assist doing inspections, maintaining, repair, or replace life-safety and emergency equipment
- May assist in take turns being “on-call” as part of a 24-hour emergency maintenance call schedule at a site (or at multiple sites).
- Assist in conducting routine visual inspections of the exterior and interior of buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment; determine whether repairs or maintenance are needed; follow-up with residents’ work orders, as directed by the Property Manager.
- Prepare interior and exterior surfaces for painting; use correct application techniques and tools; make sure all surfaces, equipment, and materials are clean when finished.
- Clean common areas frequently including: carpeting, painted surfaces, and stair areas; adhere to property owners’ and PMI standards for cleanliness.
- Assist in conducting apartment inspections and coordinate the assignment of maintenance personnel to restore the unit to a “like new” condition.
- Keep the site grounds and landscaping neat and clean according to PMI and property owners’ standards; use all landscaping equipment safely; repair and replace concrete and asphalt walks and drives.
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma or GED
- 1 years related property maintenance experience preferred
- Physical –
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Shovel or lift continuously for up to 4 hours at a time
- Work in tight spaces
- Work standing for up to 4 hours at a time
- Safely climb ladders up to 26ft
- Neat, professional appearance; including work shoes or boots with non-slip soles and protective toes.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a part-time position with a competitive hourly wage.
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Roth Retirement plan with company match
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI), is an affordable housing property management firm headquartered in South Portland, Maine. Founded in 1990, PMI has grown to manage properties in 16 states, to include 90 properties, totaling over 9,000 units. PMI specializes in managing properties that utilize government subsidies and/or Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) to provide affordable housing to their residents. PMI prides itself in offering Resident Services Programs tailored to assist residents and their various needs at many of the communities they manage.