As seen on JobsInME.com
Laborers and Driller Trainees
Maine Drilling & Blasting | Windham, ME
Maine Drilling & Blasting is seeking safety-conscious, motivated Laborers/Driller Trainees to work on construction and quarry sites throughout Southern/Central Maine, with travel to New Hampshire when business demands. Prior construction, concrete work, or heavy equipment experience is a plus.
* Adhere to Company Safety procedures and policies
* Ability to take direction and perform construction laboring activities
* Ability to work in a team-centered environment
* Ability to work unsupervised occasionally
* Pump blast holes dry with water pump
* Load and unload explosives from truck
* Carry buckets of stemming stone to stem blast holes
* Maintain clean and organized job site
* Other duties as assigned
* Valid Driver's License with good driving record and own transportation
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical & drug screen and meet e-Verify requirements.
* Must successfully pass criminal background check for ATF
* Experience as construction laborer helpful, but not necessary
* Ability to learn and develop skills to later perform higher level tasks
* Ability to perform essential functions of the position
* Position requires proficiency to work at a steady pace on uneven and loose surfaces outside
* Ability to lift up to 100 lbs occasionally, 5% of time
* Ability to lift 50lbs, 50% of the time
* Stooping and bending 60 – 70% of the time
Competitive Salary and Compensation Package, including Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401(k) Plan with Company Match, Health, Dental, and Vision Plans, Company-Provided Life Insurance, Optional Short/Long Term Disability Plans, Bonus Programs, and more.
Maine Drilling & Blasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Join the Employer of Choice.