Janitor / Maintenance Technician
Preservation Management, Inc. | Clarks Summit, PA
Are you interested in helping your local community?
Do you want to work for a company that takes pride in what we do?
If you said yes to the questions above, do I have the position for you ????
Preservation Management is currently looking for a live on-site Janitor/Maintenance Technician to clean and assists in maintaining the interior and exterior of our multi-unit residential property at our Linden Crest Apartments in Clarks Summit, PA.
- Clean common areas frequently:
- Vacuum and shampoo carpeting; wash, wax, and polish floors
- Dust and wash painted surfaces, and stair areas
- Wash and polish interior and exterior windows
- Dust and polish furniture and empty wastebaskets in common areas; transport trash to waste receptacles
- Keep public restrooms clean and sanitary and provide supplies as needed
- Dust and clean appliances in laundry rooms
- Monitor the snow for shoveling during the winter months
- On-call Emergencies for after hours (4:30pm to 8:00am Monday thru Friday, then all day Saturday’s and Sunday’s
- Inspect, maintain, repair, or replace life-safety and emergency equipment, including any item considered a life or safety hazard by REAC, LIHTC, local Codes Department, etc.
- To ensure that the property is safe and maintained properly, conduct routine visual inspections of the exterior and interior of buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment; determine whether repairs or maintenance are needed; follow-up with residents’ work orders, as directed by the Property Manager.
- Conduct miscellaneous minor repairs as directed.
- Keep the site grounds and landscaping neat and clean according to PMI and property owners’ standards; use all landscaping equipment safely; repair and replace concrete and asphalt walks and drives
- If applicable, apply ice-melting products as specified by the product manufacturer; choose the proper snow removal equipment and use safely.
- Help clean vacated apartment units to ensure a quick turnaround time for units to be available for renting.
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma or GED
- At least 1 years related janitorial or property maintenance experience preferred
- Physical Requirements:
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Shovel or lift continuously for up to 4 hours at a time
- Work in tight spaces
- Work standing for up to 4 hours at a time
- Safely climb ladders up to 26ft
- Neat, professional appearance; including work shoes or boots with non-slip soles and protective toes.
- Able to live on-site, Rent Free, and be On-call Emergencies for after hours (4:30pm to 8:00am Monday thru Friday, then all day Saturday’s and Sunday’s
Compensation & Benefits:
- This is a part-time 10 hours per week position, with an hourly rate starting at $7.25.
- This is a live on-site position, rent free
- The 10 hours per week hours are flexible
- On-call for after-hours emergencies (4:30pm to 8:00am Monday thru Friday, then all day Saturday’s and Sunday’s)
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.