Janitor/Maintenance Technician, After Hours
Preservation Management, Inc. | Dickson City, PA
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of others, look no further! Preservation Management, Inc. takes great pride in, not only making a difference at the communities we manage, but also in the greater community as well.
Preservation Management is currently looking for a live on-site Janitor/Maintenance Technician to clean and assists in maintaining the interior and exterior of our multi-unit residential property at our Keystone Place Apartments in Dickson City, PA. This position is part-time, hours vary, and must be available Monday thru Friday 5pm to 8am, and then all day Saturday and Sunday.
- Clean common areas frequently:
- Vacuum and shampoo carpeting; wash, wax, and polish floors
- Dust and wash painted surfaces, and stair areas
- Wash and polish interior and exterior windows
- Dust and polish furniture and empty wastebaskets in common areas; transport trash to waste receptacles
- Keep public restrooms clean and sanitary and provide supplies as needed
- Dust and clean appliances in laundry rooms
- Monitor the snow for shoveling during the winter months - If applicable, apply ice-melting products as specified by the product manufacturer; choose the proper snow removal equipment and use safely.
- On-call Emergencies for after hours (5:00pm to 8:00am Monday thru Friday, then all day Saturday’s and Sunday’s)
- Keep the site grounds and landscaping neat and clean
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma or GED
- At least 1 years related janitorial or property maintenance experience preferred
- Physical Requirements:
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Shovel or lift continuously for up to 4 hours at a time
- Work in tight spaces
- Work standing for up to 4 hours at a time
- Safely climb ladders up to 26ft
- Neat, professional appearance; including work shoes or boots with non-slip soles and protective toes.
- Able to live on-site, Rent Free, and be On-call for Emergencies for after hours (5:00pm to 8:00am Monday thru Friday, then all day Saturday’s and Sunday’s)
Compensation & Benefits:
- This is a part-time position, with an hourly rate of $8.25.
- This is a live on-site position, rent free
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI), is an affordable housing property management firm headquartered in South Portland, Maine. Founded in 1990, PMI has grown to manage properties in 16 states, to include 90 properties, totaling over 9,000 units. PMI specializes in managing properties that utilize government subsidies and/or Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) to provide affordable housing to their residents. PMI prides itself in offering Resident Services Programs tailored to assist residents and their various needs at many of the communities they manage.