Consultants - Registered Dental Hygienist
Medical Care Development, Inc. | United States,
Registered Dental Hygienist – SOHP Program
MCD Public Health, a division of Medical Care Development (MCD), Inc., is seeking qualified consultants to serve as a Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) to provide basic oral health screenings, fluoride varnish and dental sealant application in support of the Maine CDC, School Oral Health Program (SOHP). These consultancies require self-directed RDHs with both a keen attention to detail and follow through to meet required deadlines.
The RDH should be registered as an Independent Practice Dental Hygienist or have a Public Health Supervision status or is in the process of receiving either designation. Qualified applicants should also have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and the ability to travel around the State of Maine.
The Consultant RDH will complete the following tasks at a designated number of schools participating in the Maine CDC School Oral Health Program:
- Conduct basic oral health screenings and fluoride supplementation (fluoride varnish) at participating Elementary Schools two (2) times per year, typically in the fall and spring and dental sealants at assigned Elementary Schools participating in the SOHP services.
- Provide referrals to the student’s parent or guardian for students who are identified as needing immediate follow-up oral care with a dentist.
- Provide, as needed, Oral Health education to Elementary School students, staff, and parents or guardians participating in SOHP services including but not limited to:
- In-service educational programs;
- Distribution of Department provided pamphlets and posters; and
- Educational classroom learning sessions and activities.
- Participate in school based surveys, such as the Maine Integrated Youth Health Survey.
- Participate in meetings and/or calls throughout the year as determined by the Department.
- Track Elementary School Oral Health services for each student you serve.
Interested individuals, please email your cover letter, resume and a copy of your Dental Hygienist License to MCDCorpHR@mcd.org with Consultancy RDH SOHP in the email subject line. Please ensure to send all requested information.