Assistant Property Manager
Preservation Management, Inc. | Lancaster, PA
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of others, look no further! Preservation Management, Inc. takes great pride in, not only making a difference at the communities we manage, but also in the greater community as well.
PMI is currently looking for a passionate individual to join our team in the Lancaster, PA area as our Assistant Property Manager. This individual should be familiar with the affordable housing industry, compliance regulations of LIHTC & HUD.
Specific Duties Include:
- Managing resident re-certifications, rent increases, utility allowance changes, occupancy level, controlled expenses, customer satisfaction, management reviews, REAC/Agency Inspections, etc.
- Managing resident selection procedures to ensure adherence to Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan and Resident Selection Criteria, as well as all targeted occupancy requirements.
- Read and keep track of tenant applications on the “wait list;” read, review, and file all received applications; determine if applicants are income-eligible and program-eligible.
- Respond to life safety emergencies and other critical incidents; coordinate the response of site personnel and the notification of public safety agencies; notify the Senior Property Manager or On-site Property Manager (as well as other company management personnel) as required by emergency protocols.
- Coordinate with maintenance personnel to prepare vacant units for new tenants; and meet in-person with prospective tenants to show vacant apartments or office space.
- Coordinate resident services with the assigned Resident Services Coordinator and with the Director, Resident Services Programs; meet in-person with current residents, handling requests for assistance; investigate and resolve complaints from tenants.
- Assist the Senior Property Manager or On-site Property Manager in preparation for all site REAC reviews, Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR), Investor Site Reviews, and Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) reviews;
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma for GED
- 3 years related property management experience preferred
- Desirable applicants have completed industry course work in property management, tax credit, COS, or Rural Development training
- Possess an introductory knowledge of some or all of the following initiatives:
- Implementation and compliance requirements for federal housing programs such as Low Income Housing Tax Credits
- Section 8 Project and Tenant Based (including Preservation/Enhanced Vouchers) programs; Section 8 Moderate Rehabilitation and the Project Based Voucher program
- Rural Development 515 and Rental Assistance programs
- Section 236 Interest Reduction and Section 221-d-3 programs
- FHA and Risk Share mortgage insurance programs as well as state funded housing programs
- Current knowledge of all applicable local, state, federal and industry standards required of property management agents, including:
- All HUD, Rural Development, and IRS rules and regulations specific to their assigned property
- Relevant legislation, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Federal Fair Housing Amendment Act, and local fair housing laws
- Local, state, and federal life-safety regulations and building codes
- Experience in the use of business computer systems and software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; experience with on-line database systems such as Real Page On-Site
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time position with competitive pay and a wonderful benefit package
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) and ROTH retirement plans with company match
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI), is an affordable housing property management firm headquartered in South Portland, Maine. Founded in 1990, PMI has grown to manage properties in 16 states, to include 90 properties, totaling over 9,000 units. PMI specializes in managing properties that utilize government subsidies and/or Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) to provide affordable housing to their residents. PMI prides itself in offering Resident Services Programs tailored to assist residents and their various needs at many of the communities they manage.