Apartment Complex Maintenance Technician
Preservation Management, Inc. | Pittsburgh, PA
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of others, look no further! Preservation Management, Inc. takes great pride in, not only making a difference at the communities we manage, but also in the greater community as well.
PMI is currently hiring for an experienced Maintenance Technician for a Multi-Family community in the McKeesport PA area. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the overall appearance and maintenance of the apartment community. Candidate must have maintenance knowledge to include basic carpentry, interior/exterior maintenance, appliance repairs, electric, plumbing, painting, drywall, and HVAC is a plus.
Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintain the upkeep and maintenance of the building and grounds.
- Physically walk and inspect property on a regular basis, including vacant units.
- Conduct property inspections, including move in, housekeeping, and grounds in order to assure adherence to established standards.
- Ensure service requests are responded to within 24-48 hours and communicate with the resident when the issue cannot be resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintenance of the grounds, trash container areas, and common-areas.
- Be available for emergency calls and respond to those calls according to PMI’s policy on after-hour emergency calls.
- Regular maintenance of the building exteriors, building interiors and common areas.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years of experience in property maintenance
- Apartment maintenance with experience that may include but are not limited to janitorial, painting, plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, mechanical and carpentry
- Experience working using hand tools and power tools to complete building maintenance task.
- Physical –
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Shovel or lift continuously for up to 4 hours at a time
- Work in tight spaces
- Work standing for up to 4 hours at a time
- Safely climb ladders up to 26ft
- Neat, professional appearance; including work shoes or boots with non-slip soles and protective toes.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive hourly wage.
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Roth Retirement plan with company match
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI), is an affordable housing property management firm headquartered in South Portland, Maine. Founded in 1990, PMI has grown to manage properties in 16 states, to include 90 properties, totaling over 9,000 units. PMI specializes in managing properties that utilize government subsidies and/or Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) to provide affordable housing to their residents. PMI prides itself in offering Resident Services Programs tailored to assist residents and their various needs at many of the communities they manage.